Government Site Visit Protocol

OVIS, in conjunction with the Office of the General Counsel and Dartmouth Safety & Security, has a protocol that departments can follow in the event you receive a visit from a representative of a federal agency or law enforcement official.

Employment Verification Letters

International employees may request an employment verification letter to be used as part of an application for a visa at a U.S. Consulate abroad.  Employees can request employment verification letters directly from Dartmouth’s Office of Human Resources.  OVIS does not provide employment verification letters.

Outbound Visa and Passport Services

Assistance with passport and outbound visa services for travel outside the U.S. is available to Dartmouth students, scholars, faculty, and staff through Travisa, Dartmouth's third-party provider. 

Additional information and resources for travel outside the U.S., including Dartmouth's Travel Registry and Travel Waivers, can be found on the Global Dartmouth Travel Policy & Resources webpage.

LCA and Labor Certification Postings

In compliance with federal regulations, H-1B Labor Condition Applications (LCAs) and Permanent Labor Certification Application postings can be found on the Dartmouth Human Resources website by clicking on the Labor Condition Application Notifications QuickLink.

Pursuant to 20 CFR 655.734, Dartmouth College is providing notice to potentially affected workers that H-1B workers are being sought. Each LCA is available for public inspection at OVIS, 63 South Main Street, Suite 303, Hanover, NH 03755.

Complaints alleging misrepresentation of material facts in the labor condition application and/or failure to comply with the terms of the labor condition application may be filed with any office of the Wage and Hour Division of the United States Department of Labor.