The Consular Interview
Prepare and bring to your visa interview the following:
- Passport valid for at least six months into the future
- Form DS-2019
- Invitation, appointment, or employment offer letter from Dartmouth College
- Completed visa application DS-160 (Canadian citizens do not need to provide this)
- Two 2" x 2" photographs in the prescribed format. The U.S. State Department has more information about this requirement.
- DS-160 (visa application) receipt
- I-901 (SEVIS fee) receipt
- If you are self-funded, financial evidence that shows you have sufficient funds to cover your living expenses and/or tuition during the period you intend to be at Dartmouth College.
- Any evidence that demonstrates non-immigrant intent. This is evidence that you will return to your home country after finishing your exchange program in the U.S. and may include proof of property ownership, evidence of employment in your home country, family ties, open bank accounts, or other ties to your community.
The Department of State has more information on bringing family members to the U.S., returning to continue your studies, renewing your visa, or applying for a J-1 visa.