Before initiating the sponsorship process, you will need an appointment/invitation letter signed by the Dean of the Faculty or by the appropriate dean or department director. The letter must contain:
- Appointment title
- Appointment dates
- Funding amount(s) and source(s)
- Statement of benefits eligibility or non-eligibility
When requesting a specific start date, consider the timing of the immigration process and government wait times. Please consult with OVIS to determine a reasonable start date before making a commitment.
- To initiate the sponsorship request process, go to iDartmouth and select the appropriate request type.
- Complete the department forms.
- Most requests require faculty and/or dean or director approval. Enter the name and Dartmouth email address for the approver(s) when prompted, and notify the approver(s) to expect the email with a link to the approver eForm.
- When all department and foreign national forms are completed, submit the final request.
- For international employee hires, be sure to submit the appropriate payroll authorization (PA) to Human Resources/Payroll, and advise the employee of the I-9 requirement at the beginning of employment.
OVIS will work directly with the scholar to schedule an OVIS check-in and orientation. OVIS does not arrange for housing, Dartmouth email accounts, Dartmouth ID cards, or access to Dartmouth buildings.