Outside Counsel


OVIS oversees all nonimmigrant visa petitions and permanent residence sponsorship for Dartmouth faculty, researchers, staff and international visitors. Dartmouth-sponsored petitions are prepared by OVIS or by our designated outside immigration counsel.

Departments or individuals may not retain separate outside counsel for Dartmouth-sponsored immigration services.  

If you are interested in a referral for immigration unrelated to your Dartmouth employment, please contact OVIS and we can provide you with a referral appropriate for the type of assistance you require.

Low-cost and pro bono legal services: For assistance with benefits such as DACA, Temporary Protected Status (TPS), asylum and family-based immigration applications, there is the National Immigration Legal Services Directory. The Directory lists nonprofit organizations that provide free or low-cost immigration legal services.

If you require legal assistance with a landlord-tenant issue, please refer to resources in:

The Office of the General Counsel at Dartmouth also maintains a webpage with referral resources for personal legal services.