F-1 students sponsored by Dartmouth College may work on campus provided they:
- Maintain legal F-1 status
- Do not work more than a total of 20 hours per week during academic terms, and full time employment is allowed during official school breaks and earned leave terms.
- All students working on-campus must complete the "Employment Eligibility Verification" (CIS Form I-9). The I-9 must be updated with Dartmouth Payroll each time you renew your work permission or extend your program. For on-campus employment, simply show your valid Form I-20 and your passport.
- You will also be required to apply for a Social Security Number (SSN) once you have on-campus employment.
- You will be required to file tax forms by April 15 following the end of each tax year.
Working improperly or without authorization is a serious violation of your status. Please make sure your on-campus employment complies with these regulations and that you check with OVIS before accepting any off-campus employment. If you fail to comply with your responsibilities regarding employment, you will be ineligible for benefits normally granted to F-1 students and, in some situations, you may be required to leave the country or accrue unlawful presence.